what is healthy normal weight gain at 24 weeks?

I feel huge and look it too! i am tipping the scales with a total weight gain of 19lbs and only 24 weeks.. what is normal weekly gain? and normal by 24 weeks?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am right there with ya!!! I cant find my scale, we just moved, but at my last doctors appt I was 26 weeks and already gained 20lbs. I know what I was doing though, I started indulging a lot in sweets and eating like a pig, so I have only myself to blame for that. LOL> If you are concerned there are pregnancy workout videos you can get, walking and watching what you eat can keep you from ballooning up anymore. I did this with all 3 of my pregnancies so far, I have one month where I pack on too many pounds then pull my head out. OH and if your doctor is concerned they will say something to you about it.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, I am turning 31weeks and have gained about 30lbs. They said my baby is already 4lbs 2oz. 2 1/2 weeks ago he was only 3lbs 2oz so he gained a 1LB. So I think I'm gaining too much like at least 5-6LBS in a month. I think ur supposed to gain a little less than that but who knows.
    Anonymous