how do get time for your self

How do find the time for youself when you have two small kids.My son is 2yrs old and my daughter is 8mths old.I spemd everyday with them. from the time wake up until they go to sleep.they both take naps at diffrent times of the day.sometimes my son dosent take a nap at all.I am slowly becomeing a angry mom.

leondra21

Asked by leondra21 at 10:51 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bed time.... Once they are asleep i relax and say for get the dishes and laundry :o) gL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:53 PM on May. 8, 2009

• is the daddy in the picture? or do you have any family or friends nearby who could babysit when your babies are in bed for the night? if so, go out for a couple hours with your friends or by yourself! enjoy a movie, go to a cafe, see a live band at a bar, walk around a bookstore for a while....
    Anonymous

• yep. Bed time. I have a 3yr old and a 4yr old. both boys. bed time is MY time. be sure to put them down at a decent hour. my older boy goes down no later then 9pm on most nights and i still wish i had more time! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I prefer to go to work during the day. I actually miss them!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Weekends = Daddy Duty
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:57 PM on May. 8, 2009

• When my dd was born my ss was coming down for 2 weeks every month (at least, it depended on if/when his mother wanted him back so there were times we'd have him for 3 weeks a month) and my dd and ss are only 20 months apart so I was in the same boat as you are pretty much. I would leave dd and ss with dh and go out for an hour after they were in bed. Now my dd is 3 1/2 and ss is 5. I still go out after they go to bed but now I usually go out with some friends for dinner or drinks or just shopping.....Plus I've lately joined a gym so in the afternoons I leave the kids with dh and go do some cardio. It makes me a happier, healthier mommy and everyone's grateful for that! lol
    If you're a single mom or a mom of a deployed soldier just try to arrange with another mom for 'playdates' occasionally so you can go get a coffee (or tea, whatever) and just walk around the park or the mall, whatever so you can get some relaxation time.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• wow, are we the same person? lol. well when my dh was here, we'd give each other our me time, he'd take the kids one night or day while i went out and did whatever, and vise versa.

now that he's gone though, i'm with them 24/7. we have supersaturdays every other saturday where we get daycare all day for free, but once every 2 weeks doesn't cut it for me. i'm not becoming an angry mom, i'm becoming more of an upset/emotional rollercoaster mom lol.

but like the other women said, after bedtime, that's my "me time". unless you have nights like the one i'm having right now where your 9 month old just started crying in her crib,....man i need a babysitter!

ok off to get the little one now!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• a sitter and a night out once a month help me keep my cool. Even if it's just to a quiet park, and I'm alone listening to music, or my dd is with her grandma for the night, and I'm at home and can enjoy a nice bubble bath and a glass of cranberry vodka uninterupted.. Once a month is a must have for mommies to destress, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My older kids are 5 & 8. We had just gotten into a good routine. My house was clean again. I was sleeping & not feeling like a complete disaster. Then I had another baby. My house is a wreck, but I'm getting over it. It has taken 7 months for me to start relaxing. Chill out, and try to enjoy this time. Don't try to do too much. Unless you have a housekeeper, let it go honey! After the kids go to bed, take an hour to chill out, NOT clean the house! You can do that again in another 2 years. 

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 6:04 AM on May. 9, 2009

• well i got 3 screaming deamons the ages are 6, 5, and 3 years old well the youngest goes to my boyfriends house and my older two go to my moms house and i take the saturday off i have them take the kids in the late afternoon and then well kids conviently fall asleep around 8 ish and so it is not a good idea to bring them homs so they stay the night works for me dont know if it works for you also find a friened who needs a night out too and arrange to trade babysitting duty you take friday her take saturday or the other way around
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2009