MIRENA COMPLICATIONS?!

I have had mirena for a little over 2 yrs now, and havent had a problem yet, for the past month ive been extremely nauteus, and mood swingy, and lack of sex drive, and im only 20.. I took a preg. test and it was neg. the line was REALLY light on it. and im really worried, im late on my period to. IM FLIPPING OUT! anyone had anything like this?!?!? and ive been cramping for the past couple of days, and its not like a normal cramp! if i dont get my period by monday, my butt is goin to the doc!!!!

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 10:57 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Have you felt around for the strings to make sure it is still in? People have been known to pass them without knowing it.
    Which line on the test was really light? Control line or the pregnancy line?
    I would take another test.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I can still feel the strings, the negative line was really light. Im gonna take another test tomorrow and if i dont get my period by mon. im going to the doc.
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 11:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have never used a test that had a negative line. What brand of test was it?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:13 AM on May. 9, 2009

• equate
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 7:18 AM on May. 9, 2009

• They all have control lines not negative lines and I am guessing that is what she meant. The darkness does not mean anything except fr maybe that you didn't get enough pea on the line or waited to long to look at it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:34 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I have had the mirena for 2 years also and haven't had a period in18 months. It's completely normal for periods to go away completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 9, 2009