Where are all the breastfeeding moms?

I know a lot of women BF, but I have never seen one in public.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I rarely saw any in public. I know I did several times, at restaurants, church, idk anywhere I guess. Discreetly though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• thats because they're discreet. despite what people say about "showing your boobs to everyone" most moms are adept at breastfeeding without anyone else being the wiser.

as for me, i nurse before i go out, and usually i'm back home before he needs to eat again, but i have no problem nursing in public
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I've seen a few, and I am one. All the moms I've seen who nurse n public were discrete about it and I am too. I have a shawl I use to cover up, I'm shy like that even though you wouldn't really see anything if I didn't use the shawl either.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• yea, me too, I nurse before I go anywhere. I can't imagine doing it in public though I would if my baby was hungry. and I am not going to the freakin bathroom to do it either.
    Anonymous

• I have always nursed in public. I was always discrete. I have only seen other BF'ers a few times...like maybe six or seven times.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't have no shame whipping it out in public!! LOL!! baby girl has got to eat and if anyoune has a problem with it they obviosly where bottle fed. JK LOL!!
    LeahMalone54

Answer by LeahMalone54 at 11:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I just don't get out much now that I have my dd, and most times I do, I feed her before I leave, I don't have to feed her in public much.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I am a proud breastfeeding mom! I try to avoid having to do it in public by nursing b4 leaving and planning breaks but if the baby is hungry, i will nurse wherever i need to. i just put a baby blanket over it so no one can see but they know what im doing so they leave me alone. I think its hard to breastfeed in public because u cant controll the noise around u and that is distracting to babies and they dont eat as well as they do when its quiet.
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:30 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I Breast feed but I do it in the privacy of my home/vehicle/etc. If its absolutely necessary I will breast feed in public but I will use a blanket to cover myself because its only classy!? Im a freaky kinda girl & far from shy but I do believe in respect for yourself/ others & despite what some think I think its trashy to have your tits hanging out in public!? YES your baby needs to feed so by all means grab a blanket mama & do your thing...eating does not require you to have to show everyone your breasts so stop using that as a excuse to look nasty....
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 11:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I breastfeed anywhere my son wants to nurse. I use a blanket but he has a phobia of things over his head. So I cover the back of his head and use my shirt to cover my breast. When I nurse in public, a person never sees any part of my breast. But I have gotten nasty comments for just nurse covered.

If I could nurse my son without showing everything off when I latch him on I wouldn't use a cover. He literally freaks out if he thinks it will cover his face. NO we have never covered his face. But he spend 5 days under a O2 mask almost 24/7.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:46 PM on May. 8, 2009