I'm so frustrated with him, how should I approach him about this?

Today, after supper I asked my SO to do the dishes for me as I had to give our daughter a bath and wanted things to be doen so we could hang out together after DD went to bed. He says okay, and we get up, he starts clearing the dishes and I get DD in the bath. As I'm soaping her up, the door bell rings, SO goes to get it.. rushes back and says, "I'm going out with BJ and Jordan, be back in a bit." Quick kiss on the cheek and out the door. I finished DD's bath and got her dressed and in bed, I went to go make her a bottle and there on the counter was a pile of dirty dishes on the counter waiting for me. I was so mad!! He couldn't have told his buddies to wait? They would've waited for him! Like at least start them or something! He's still gone and it's been 3 hours, I had to do all the house cleaning for his parents visit by myself with a screaming, teething baby. UGH. I'm so frustrated.. all I wanted was a little help.

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 11:00 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Seriously, leave them for him to finish.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Its quite clear that your SO takes advantage of you and Im sorry this is not to be mean, but you let him by cleaning something he said he would. He knows that if he doesn't finish something you asked him to do you will do it anyways. Next time don't. I would also be pretty upset that he has been gone that long. Its time to set some ground rules. Im sure he wouldn't like for you to say you will do something for him, then you ditch him and whatever you asked you to do for something else.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Let his parents know that he wasnt there to help you.... Trust me .. His mom will understand!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 12:14 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh what an ASS!!! I'm sorry but I would have left the dishes there for him to do when he got home!!! And I'm sure that if you didn't clean, he would have done it before his mom got there, that is just how men are, they don't like mom to see their house a mess. LOL.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:42 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd have gone everyone one better. The dishes would have been left in a palce where he would HAVE to deal with them. In his car, all over his playstation/Wii/computer/you name it....or on his side of the BED.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on May. 9, 2009