dealing with depression while pregnant

I am 29 weeks in my 3rd pregnancy, I am battling with depression. It has to do with so much transition and change the past couple months as well as being isolated in a very small town while my husband worked out of town and of course all the pregnancy hormones I have going on. I have been diagnosed with a depressive disorder as well as OCD, during these times my OCD really takes over and the thoughts that I have intrude and interfere with my everyday life making it impossible to feel happy. Anyone else out there dealing with this or dealt with it? Did you have PPD, did you take medication, how did you help yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had severe ppd with my first son, and was still battling it while pregnant with my second. i took medication, although i stopped when i found out i was preggo and i tried going the herbal route. didn't work, so i went back on the meds. i also went to counseling, and i'm in a post-partum support group. i highly recommend the group. i'm still on the meds, nursing my second son. some things you can do are get out, sunshine and exercise both help to boost your mood. make sure you take some time for yourself, take a shower and get ready for the day. take a b-complex vitamin, as well as omegas (of course, talk to your care provider first). if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me :) hope you feel better!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• talk to your doctor about citalopram. it is safe to take while pregnant!!!
    arika06

Answer by arika06 at 11:16 PM on May. 8, 2009

• thank you both so much
    Anonymous