• In the Spotlight:

omg I'm shocked about what I just found out!! advice pleaseeee!!!

I just found papers with my sister that we had a sister that was 15 months old that died june 26 1976 we didnt know about this i havent told my mom i found the paper..it says my mom was ARRESTED & charged with manslaughter...how do I confront her and ask her about this it disturbing!

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 11:19 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm. Can you confirm the death via records in your county where you grew up?
    Otherwise, just ask her or a grandma/aunt what happened. I'm sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh wow...maybe it was an accident and she doesn't like to think about it? Could you maybe research it more first? In Missouri we have this thing called casenet and I google it everytime I want to find out about somebodys arrest record. It tells the details of the trial/offense et. Maybe try to find out whatever you can through newspapers and such first to find out what went on. If it was some kind of accident maybe it just really broke your moms heart and that's why she never said anything.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i would try to look it up in old papers first, and ask a family member other than your mother what happened. it may be that the charges where wrong and bringing it up would just hurt her if you were to outright ask why she was accused of it. after you have the information than you can just say hey, i found this looked into it and this is what i was told. is it true? that way you don't dredge up anything too horrible for your mom to deal with.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• hmmm... sounds like it probably was a car wreck and your mom might not have had the child in a carseat. Thats my guess.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:25 PM on May. 8, 2009