• In the Spotlight:

Even Joe the Plumber left the GOP???

s Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher really quitting the Republican Party? That's what a new Time article on the current sad state of the GOP says.

"Samuel Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, tells TIME he's so outraged by GOP overspending, he's quitting the party -- and he's the bull's-eye of its target audience," the article says.

Mr. The Plumber has been a figurehead among Republican activists since last October, when a chance encounter with Barack Obama and the active promotion by McCain campaign turned him into the face of blue-collar conservatism. If he's not willing to call himself a Republican, they're really in trouble.

But even here on spending, there's a catch when it comes to the ideological purity: "But he also said he wouldn't support any cuts in defense, Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid -- which, along with debt payments, would put more than two-thirds of the budget off limit. LOL.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:23 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow- who wouldve known somebody like Joe the Plumber could think for himself.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• sweet-a-kins, did it just now occur to you that it isn't about be Democrat or Republican? It is about ending ALL the crap in DC.

Just because I am a Chrisian conservative does not mean I am Republican, nor does it mean I am Democrat. I think it is time for BOTH parties to make a quiet exit from the stage. Our country should be run by real people NOT professional politicians.

Go Joe!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:33 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Honestly, who really cares about a self proclaimed plumber who doesnt even have a plumbers lic? His name isnt even Joe for goodness sake! If this guy is seen as a figurehead for the GOP, no wonder they are having issues.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yea I just don't get the obsession with the guy.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:11 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I find these comments funny.

I'm not suprised about people leaving. I was actually lucky enough to catch a good episode of Real Time and boy were some people reading my mind.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:20 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Boy, how log can somoene stretch their 15 minutes?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 AM on May. 9, 2009

• After his recent comments of homosexuality, I think Joe needs to leave the human race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I am curious what party he will go with.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 AM on May. 9, 2009

Well thatdepends, does the KKK have their own party?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh wait I thought some of you libs were insistent that the republicans are the KKK.Seems that was the general idea of those who do not see things just like you.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:03 AM on May. 9, 2009