why is my hair falling out ?

i am 18 weeks and 2 days prego with my second baby. and for some werid reason my hair is falling out like when i am washing my hair out in the shower or brushing my hair or even when i am playing with my hair , it comes out in hand fulls. i dont know why dont its like i am losing my hair , will some please explan what is going on and if this happen or is happening to you.

trickyplus2

Asked by trickyplus2 at 11:38 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have my hair fall out while pregnant but 3 months pp i had half of my hair fall off just like you explained.
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:40 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I lost a lot of hair when I was pregnant. The Doctor said that it was normal, I am not sure exactly why it happens, but it all came back in.
    Best of luck
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Hair loss that is connected to pregnancy usually occurs after delivery. During pregnancy, an increased number of hairs go into the resting phase, which is part of the normal hair loss cycle. This condition is not serious enough to cause bald spots or permanent hair loss, and should begin to diminish within 3-4 months after delivery. If you feel that you are experiencing unusual hair loss while you are pregnant, this may be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:47 AM on May. 9, 2009

• A friend of mine had that happen and her doctor told her that she wasnt getting enough vitamins. If your worried about it talk to your doctor at your next visit.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:17 PM on May. 9, 2009