Can a parent RSVP at all anymore?!?!?!?!

My dd sent out 14th bday invites to about 6 friends that have been decent friends all year. For those that say 14 is too old...c'mon. This will probably be the last quality "AT HOME" celebration her dad and I get! Why is it..and, I'v noticed it alot...people do not RSVP any longer? It's just a "consideration" so I can know how much food, cake, soda, etc. I have to provide. My dd's party is tomorrow....we've had exactly 3 YES I can be there thru my dd replies. And, those are not for sure!!! I'm not gettin' it. Am I just one of those old schoolers that likes to let a motha know or not? If it has to do with $...I'm easy...just bring your child. No gift needed...just a celebration. You can also call and say...no can do....period!!!! Is this too much to ask...really?? (vent)

Loryl

Asked by Loryl at 11:41 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sorry no one RSVP back to you. I know when my children got something that had RSVP on it I sure would call & let them know yes or no.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I with you on this one...it seems as if consideration isn't considered anymore!

My pet peeve is sending a gift to someone, and not getting a thank you....no phone call, no card, NADA.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• It's annoying that some don't RSVP.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you that people should RSVP..but they dont!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• and 14 is SOO not to old..I still send out invites and have goofy partys like that!
    hug4akiss

• this is a problem, that is why we need to teach manners to our children. But people say i'm old fashion.lol
    Will what I would do is call them and ask if they are thinking of coming.
    By the way it is never to old to have some kind of party for your kids. You should always make them fell special they love it. Of course the party balloon might change and where you may have the party as they get older.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:37 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I never depend on kids to even tell parents. I call the parents myself and get the rsvp I need.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Parents need to RSVP, heck people in general need to RSVP. My family refuses to RSVP, I started writing on the invitations " if we recieve no reply by such and such date, then we will assume you can not attend."

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Apparently, no, they can't. I have this problem also. A good idea, one that is used in home parties, is to call them a few days ahead and say that you haven't received their RSVP yet and are getting ready to gather all the stuff and are they attending? It's a pain for you, but it tells them that they've been remiss and besides, it gives you a chance to get the right amount of food. It stinks having too little or too much. Maybe next time they'll respond on their own.
    mictamali

Answer by mictamali at 1:49 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Whats worse is you send out invites and no one comes.. Happened to one of my son's birthdays geesh
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:41 PM on May. 11, 2009