Brown discharge (old blood )?

Is it normal ? I've been having it for almost three weeks in small amounts. I also had some light red spotting but only for a little more than one day about a week ago. I am using BC pills. I've never had this happen before and I take my pill on time everyday.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 11:45 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• I've had it too, it's old blood. I was told that every once in a while the walls of our uterus sheds and that's what it could be. Just keep taking your pills, it'll stop soon (mine only lasted 3 1/2 weeks). If it doesn't stop then call your doctor and find out if you should stop your pills or just continue taking them.( it can also be caused by your BC being too weak for your body)
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 11:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, I figured the old blood was normal but I guess what gets me is that it's been going on for almost the entire month. My period is due in a few days so we'll see what happens. Oh, and the thing you said about the pill being weak could be true. I'll give it one more month and see if it gets better. Thanks for answering Mommabear2008.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 11:53 PM on May. 8, 2009

• it is the walls of your uterus shedding, completely normal, it might be kind of skin-like sometimes, mine was, the 1st time i saw it i freaked out, but i asked the doc. it's all good.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You know, honestly women are some of the grossest being alive! lol I mean god we shed from the inside and bleed for crazy amounts of time but yet we're still alive....how the HELL do any men find us attractive?! lmao
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 11:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• LOL, at least it can be hidden (most of the time ).
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 12:02 AM on May. 9, 2009