• In the Spotlight:

? about house cleaning jobs

I was thinking about cleaning houses.I used to work for merry maids a few years ago, i'm not sure how much to charge for each house.I don't want to charge to much or to little.Does anyone have an info on this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I charge $50. My husband knows someone who charges $75. I'm too nice. :-)
    Anonymous

• 50 for a whole house?
    Anonymous

• Yup..Again, I'm too nice :-)
    Anonymous

• My grandmother has been cleaning houses ever since I was a baby. It all depends on what the people want her to do. She has one client that is a very wealthy business owner and she hosts dinner parties every holiday and some times just on random weekends. She'll ask my grandmother to do her laundry and polish her silver and clean the whole house for these things. My grandmother charges her about $140 for those days. Normally she gets about $60 per day from this woman (her house doesn't get really dirty since all of her children are grown and she is always at work). When she cleaned for a heart surgeon with a 7 bedroom 5 bathroom house she'd charge him $80 per day. She usually spends about 4 hours at each house.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:10 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I currrently clean houses and I charge $20/hr. I dont charge by footage, most of the customers already know what they are going to pay and anything over that time limit is extra. After supplies and gas to and from it averages about 15/ hr. Alot of the bigger companies are alot more expensive. I provide the vacuum, floor mate and cleaning supplies, anything special other than what I use, they provide.. Good Luck.
    iluvmymacita

Answer by iluvmymacita at 5:25 PM on May. 9, 2009