How do I get rid of all these thousands of blackheads in my face?

Aaarrrggghhh! I'm tired of these blackheads! I wash my face 2-3 times a day with nuetragena and a face sponge. Is there a better brand that will get rid of them?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 12:17 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ok hun first get rid of the face sponge. There is a very good chance bacterial is living in it and making things worse! Don't use anything abrassive like apricot scrub it will irritate your skin further. Those scrubs are great for feet and dry elbows but on the face it is just too harsh. I sell Avon and the Clearskin line is great, works well, doesn't overdry and is less expensive than the stuff you'll get at Walmart. I strongly suggest it! www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. Btw Avon also makes disposable cleansing cloths which are great for removing makeup :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:17 AM on May. 9, 2009

• idk how much more it could help, but you can try the St. Ives apricot scrub. I love that stuff!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:18 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i mostly get them on my nose you should try the Biore pore strips, they've worked for me pretty well. Hope this helps.
    Euphoric1015

Answer by Euphoric1015 at 12:19 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Can you get your doctor to give you a scrip for Differen or retin a? I'd see a dermatologist if insurance will allow it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:51 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Use a really gentle soap twice a day, like an unscented baby soap, with a soft washcloth. Once a day, before you wash, put a honey mask (just honey) on your trouble spot; add some baking soda every three days to exfoliate. The day after you exfoliate, put plain white school glue over your blackheads, let dry and peel off slowly.
    Get back to me in 3 weeks, and let me know how your face is doing.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 AM on May. 9, 2009

• that makes sense...bacteria in my face sponge...i will try the avon, a lady at my work sells it. oh and my whole face is a trouble spot, before i got pregnant it wasn't bad, now my blackheads are worse and they are on my chest and i get more breakouts on my chest, back and forehead. thanx for everyones advice, but i'm always looking for more just in case those don't work after i've used them for a few months. i've tried st. ives before and i didn't really like it, it hurt my face :(
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:54 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Over washing your face won't help. I have retin a, it helps with acne, but not black heads. I have them all over my nose, too. I just deal with them. Sometimes the pore strips work, sometimes not so much. It's trial and error with facial products.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:49 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Use really good face wash that washes without stripping. A really good mask will help as well. I can tell you about Arbonne if you want. The FC5 line is really great skin care and the RE9 masque is super. It has completely pulled an oncoming pimple out overnight.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i've used arbonne, i love it, but i can't aforrd it now
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would like to introduce you to a new company called Rodan and Fields, Yes they are the Dermatologists that created PROACTIV. Their new company has come out with new formulas for many skin types and has just recently been introduced to our area, in fact I am the first consultant in PA. Please check out the Website at

WWW.healthyglow.myrandf.com for more information about the products, and if you would be interested in placing an order or starting your own business with Rodan and Fields please send me a email at wildkelkat2@aol.com We are bound to do well with the foundation and credibility of the products.

picklefish

Answer by picklefish at 7:50 PM on May. 12, 2009