Did you have your child out of wedlock and do you regret it if you did?

How many of you had your child out of wedlock? I did at 22 and raised him by myself until he was 8. I actually am glad that his father was not in the picture, I never had the headache that I see with so many people.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:20 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got pregnant out of wedlock, married while pregnant with her, and had her 3 months later. The only thing I regret is not having a college education and a career before having babies.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:22 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Prettyrayray it is never to late to go to college! wink wink
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:24 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I had my DD out of wedlock, just not married, but still very much in love and raising her together...We have been engaged since before I was pregnant, feels more like a promise than an actual plan if you know what I mean. We are not in the position financially to have the wedding that I want, he wants to go to the courthouse, but I just can not bring myself to do it!! I know the big wedding does not matter, but I want a little church wedding, and a nice reception. :) (doesn't every woman?) To answer your question, No i do not regret it!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:27 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I got married at 5 mos pregnant with a 3 yr old hanging off my leg.

Regrets? Nope.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:28 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i did, im still with the dad though, i dont regret having a baby before im married, but it sucks being so young overall i dont regret it though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I did, and I don't regret it at all. I love having my daughter in my life, but her dad is just not marriage material.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I had my son out of wedlock and I have never regretted it. There are no mistakes in life, only lessons learned.
    ohiomommyof2

Answer by ohiomommyof2 at 12:38 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I had two kids out of wedlock and got married when I was 5 months pregnant with the third and I don't regret it at all.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:49 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I had both my kids out of wedlock. My first one I was in high and dating some idiot who I thought I was in love with. Haha well I don't regret having my first baby just who I had him with. As for my second baby well he was out of wedlock, but we planned him (little secret no one in the family knows), and I'm with his dad still. So no I don't ever regret having my kids ... I'm just doing it all backwards!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 12:57 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Had my son when I was 21, not married. Still with his father. I don't regret it at all. Luckily enough my hardcore christian grandparents didn't mind it because they love my sons father and think very highly of him. Now my sister on the other hand didn't have it so lucky. Got pregnant at 14 and my grandparents threw a fit over it. Said that she embarassed them in front of their whole church by doing that. They hate her now husband, with good reason, he is a prick.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:58 AM on May. 9, 2009