Not Sure Of The Best Way

So my little family and I have recently moved... My son since he came home from the hospital has slept in a pack-n-play with my husband and I on the floor right infront of it..We were having to live with my mother for a while and are now moving... Well he's now going to have his own bed and room.. The past week I have been at our new house doing things most of the day so I just kept his new crib in the living room close to were I would be and have been getting him to sleep in it.. He loves it.. Now that I have him used to the crib I'm worried about him being in his own room and how to get him used to not being right by mommy and daddy.. Any suggestions?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 12:23 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had our daughter in our room for a while and she was right there next to me and she would take naps in the living room too but what I did first when we had to move her to her own room was I starting with her taking naps in there to see how she did then once I knew everything was fine then I just put in her in there one night and she did awesome. We have a heater that keeps in warm in there so she doesn't get cold and the sound of rain soothes her so she didn't care now she has been in there for a long time and I'm happy she has her own room...
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 12:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• You can try putting the crib in your room (next to your side of the bed), the move it across the room (where he can see you), then move it to his room (even if you sleep in there for a few nights). It might take a couple of weeks, but it might make the transition smoother. At least he likes the crib! That's good! That's a big transition! Good job, mommy!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• My son slept in bed with me until he was about a year old-it was just easier for us to get sleep and nurse when he woke up at night. When we moved, he had his own room. It only took about two nights for him to get used to sleeping in there. We made sure that he had things in his crib that he had before, like his stuffed animals and his special blanket, and we got him a night light. When he got upset the first night, I went in every time he cried and just rubbed his back tucked him back in. He just wanted to know that we were still there. The next night, he didn't cry as much, but I still went in. The third night, he didn't cry at all, he slept through the night. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:29 AM on May. 9, 2009