I love this site and for every out there Your comments mean a lot to me because I'm hellbent on being miserable because I'm an older mom but I want to know how to make myself feel good about being me.I don't love myself enough to give myself credit for anything good I did but I will agree with anybody who says You're not doing your best and I know they're but I can't accept it?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 12:33 AM on May. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't really understand your question. You ARE doing your best. You are doing absolutely the best you can, every second of every day, and you need to have compassion when sometimes that best doesn't match the "best" in your head. I urge you - seriously - check out The Work by Byron Katie ... give the FOur Questions a good honest try. Go to Youtube and type Byron Katie into the search bar, and listen to her do the work in real life. I know it is hard to be open, and you might be thinking "This is stupid" or "This won't work" but please, I am generally not pushy like this but I feel for some reason that this will really help you. Love yourself, sweetie!!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:42 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Being miserable might be a sign of depression. You can't beat yourself up for a lifetime, have you asked yourself when you're going to be done treating yourself like crap? It won't get you anywhere. You have to force yourself to look in the mirror each morning and say, "I am a worthwhile and good person." Say it out loud every time you see a mirror for a year and you will begin to believe it. Actually think next time when you think a negative thought about yourself or if someone else says somthing negative, think, "It's not true and I'm going to be a sieve and let it slip through me and not cling to me." Just try it, hang in there, you are a lovable person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 9, 2009