about me EX..not for sure where to post this at

not for sure where to start ..i got papers yesterday and my ex is takin me back to court to get full custody of our son...he has just started to see him this year he hasnt saw him in a t least 5 yrs and then he comes back in his life and wants to for full what he has missed and i dont know what to do .i am goin to see a lawyer on mon my child is 13 and we live in GA . he is sayin that i have neglected the child lol... and there is no way i know he has to prove this and all and i cant see how he is plainning to do this when i have more on him then any thing ... do u think i have anything to worry about ..the only thing he can hold agaisnt me is movin 5 times in the last 5 yrs ... and he is tryin to say my hubby physical abuses the child and he dosent .. dfacts will stand good on that they have already been here because of the situation.but what should i except. thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Doesn't sound like he has a good reason to do this, I would hope that since he hasn't been a part of his life in 5 years that the court will take that in consideration, Unless he says he was unable to be a part of his life due to your moving so often...I hope that you always kept him up to date on contact information and such...Good Luck!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:39 AM on May. 9, 2009

• yes i did i even went through child support recovery on the issue and sent letters to him beggin to call his son and he never did . he always knew my contact info he has another son he does the same way also and he hasnt seen him in 2 and half yrs . he once told me on the phone that i couldnt make him be a daddy and know he goes and pulls this .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Well in that case he really has no grounds!!! You did everything that you were supposed to do, and I do not believe that you have anything to worry about, but again, Good Luck!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:51 AM on May. 9, 2009

• The only problem I see could happen is... your son is at the legal age to choose who he wants to live with.
    Is it remotely possible that your child has told him these things? I never said my Mom or Dad abused me or neglected me, but I did move back and forth if I didn't like the rules or if I got in trouble at one of their houses (I switched only a few times in reality but I'm sure now it tore my Mom's heart out the times I left).
    Talk to your son, and of course your lawyer, but if your son is wanting to stay with you, it's very likely he will remain there.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• no he is sayin to me that he wants to go and live with his dad for now ..he is 13 14 is legal age to choose here. in GA and i am hopin to fight in court to keep this from happen the father was in and out of his life since he was 1 and the last yr he has only seen him 3 times and the ass clamed him on taxes this yr and last .cuz he was behind on Child support.so if i fight it i think i will have a good chace of keepin him here for at least another year.
    Anonymous