about my EX..not for sure where to post this at

about me EX..not for sure where to post this at
not for sure where to start ..i got papers yesterday and my ex is takin me back to court to get full custody of our son...he has just started to see him this year he hasnt saw him in a t least 5 yrs and then he comes back in his life and wants to for full what he has missed and i dont know what to do .i am goin to see a lawyer on mon my child is 13 and we live in GA . he is sayin that i have neglected the child lol... and there is no way i know he has to prove this and all and i cant see how he is plainning to do this when i have more on him then any thing ... do u think i have anything to worry about ..the only thing he can hold agaisnt me is movin 5 times in the last 5 yrs ... and he is tryin to say my hubby physical abuses the child and he dosent .. dfacts will stand good on that they have already been here because of the situation.but what should i except. thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• your child is old enough to decide who he lives with...so theyll probably ask him and make a decision based on his answer
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:53 AM on May. 9, 2009

• If your ex is claiming that you're abusive, he will say that you forced your son to say he wants to live with you, so it will most likely have no weight in court. Besides, different states have different age limits on when a child can have an opinion in the matter, I believe most are 14 but I could be wrong.

Unless he actually has something on you, the judge will most likely split custody. They don't take kids from their parents without a SERIOUS reason.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:00 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i live in GA and the age is 14 here ...im getttin a lawyer and all on Mon. There is nor was they ever any abuse what so ever . the father hasnt been there like he should he also has another child he hasnt and isnt seein in over 2 and half yrs and i have her comin with me if needed. things would be so different in the matter if dad was around but he comes and goes as he pleases like this weekend was his weekend and he is with me . his excuse was it was mothers day and all .and he expalined to his father that he had football thinhs next weekend and cant come to his house .and i am not bendin on this dont u agree he gets him on his weekends are not at all and he didnt get him the last one neither . i really think it is his parents more then him pushin him into this,he told me once that i couldnt make him be a daddy .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on May. 9, 2009

• juss make sure u dont talk to anyone that even knows him right now about anything that has anything to do with your son or you or ur hubby. forreal. ive been in this situation a lil bit, n i almost got screwed cuz of some stuff i said. even tho it wasnt bad. dont talk to ur ex tho. the judge told me that me even talkingggg to my ex at all showed that i trust him. wtf?? yah, so be veryyy careful and cautious. ur ex could make crap out up out thin air that u couldnt even dream of. and watch what u say at allllll from now on. when i was pregnant, i told the father (my bf at the time) that i didnt know if i could keep the baby. that i was thinkin bout givin her up for adoption. (i was only 16, so i had a good reason for the thought). but a week after i was thinkin bout giving her up, i felt her kick for the first time. so i didnt want to give her up anymore. well he used that ONE thought against me n court and almost got my kid...
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 11:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• so see? any lil thing, no matter how stupid, can screw u over. the only reason i won the case was cuz he's been to jail so many times. so yah.. be careful n good luck!!!!
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 11:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• thank u .... for yr advise..i am not talkin to my ex rt now at all...should i be lettin my son still go there if i dont that is contempt on my part rt ..how long can i drag this out i know i have 30 days to answer the papers...
    Anonymous

• i don't think you have anything to worry about. He is the one that hasn't been around . He has to prove Everything he claims
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• the judge will ask the child

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• YOUR SON WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE ASKED WHERE HE WANTS TO LIVE BUT IF IT DOES GET UGLY JUST SHOW THE COURT THAT HE HAS BEEN ABSENT FROM YOUR BABIE LIFE AND LET THEM KNOW THAT HE JUST APPEARED AND IS CAUSING YOUR SON CONFUSION. BUT I WOULDN'T GO TO COURT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY.
    214mommydearest

Answer by 214mommydearest at 2:24 AM on May. 10, 2009

• in answer to ur question after muh last answer. lol.
    i think u should call a lawyer if u dont already have one. forreal. mine has helped me through alottttt. they tell u strict answers. yes or no on whatever u want an answer to.
    i wouldnt keep ur son from him if i were u. but juss make strict rules. like, does he spend time him ur son alone? if so, set a strict limit on how long n what ur expectations are that they can do. if ya know what i mean.
    and if u stay while they visit then keep a close eye on anything he says or howwww he interacts with ur son. that makes a bigggg diff in the court's eyes. like, when i went through this, the dad wouldnt even rly hold muh daughter. he kept tryin to talk to me n get bk with me n when i asked him several times if he wanted to hold her he said no, he was ight. wtf? so i told the judge n made him look baddddd.
    and im not sure bout draggin it out. i think u should jump to it. the..
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2009