Pregnant and going out!

im 9 months pregant and Im thinking of going out to a club tomorrow night to see if it would help me go into labor. Am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol, I don't think it will help you go into labor, but you can always go to have a good time. On the downside, if you DO go into labor they might haul you out in an ambulance.
    ArmyM0mmy2Be

Answer by ArmyM0mmy2Be at 1:23 AM on May. 9, 2009

• uhh I guess your allowed to do whatever you want...but I doubt it will start labor and you will get funny looks. Do people smoke in clubs? Are you going to drink (I assume you wont). I guess as long as theres no "danger" its ok but I really wouldnt being 9 months pregnant and clubbing just dooesnt sound right
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:23 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Depends on how busy the club is. Would you be in danger of being bumped or otherwise hurt by drunk people? I think getting out and having a bit of (sober of course) fun is a great idea, but make sure you'll be safe in the process.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:24 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I agree with SamanthaAgain..make sure the club isnt full of drunk people stumbling around you dont need them bumping into you..you wont go into labor but you might end up in the hospital anywayz people get stupid when theyre drunk and dont think...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Hopefully your water doesnt break on the dance floor!! lol J/K!!
    Just be careful and have a good time, maybe it will help maybe not, but have fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Not the greatest plce for a pregnant woman try having sex to bring on contractions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Go, have fun!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:04 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it! With two of my pregnancies , I went to the club at least once a month just for fun! I just found one that was a little less crowded =-D Enjoy yourself and have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• A possibly safer alternative would be going out for Mexican food! Apparently spicy foods are supposed to help, and lots of nicer places will offer dancing on Fridays and Saturdays. You can still dance, but there is less likelyhood of being overwhelmed with clumsy/drunk people, you won't get strange stares because you'll fit in better, and the music isn't as loud (don't want to hurt the baby's developing hearing!). It won't be as crowded, and there will probably not be the second-hand smoke issue. Plus, aren't clubs really warm with all those people? Given that you have a little space-heater attached to you, I'd think you'll get uncomfortable REALLY fast.

As long as you are being safe, there is no reason not to go out and have fun!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 3:03 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I wouldnt reccommend it. Most clubs have a very smoky atmosphere and thats not good for you or the baby. Not to mention, you run the risk of some one bumping into you and hurting you or the baby.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:02 AM on May. 9, 2009