Did you know...??? (very important please read)

Folic acid prevents HPV and can even reverse mild displasia. Smoking cigarettes also makes HPV worse. I wish I would have known this before. Doctors are not spreading the word about this so we have to. Tell your friends and daughters. Most people do not get their daily intake of folic acid anyway so it is safe to take it as a daily supplement. Spread the word!

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 1:23 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Health

• I believe you a lot of cures for things out there in a rain forest
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:53 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Thanks for the info because i wld hate to have to do another biopsy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Um, HPV is a virus. How can a supplement prevent you from getting a virus? I know it's good for overall female health, but I seriously doubt it prevents transmitting a virus.

And smoking lowers your immune system, making it easier to get sick and harder to heal. Nothing new there.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:28 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Smoking cigarettes is unhealthy, it says it right on the pack. Your doctor shouldn't have to tell you that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:28 AM on May. 9, 2009

• The National Cancer Institute recommends that women consume 5 servings of fresh vegetables and fruits each day. Nutrients including beta carotene, folic acid, vitamin A, and vitamin C may protect against cervical dysplasia. Some experts recommend taking a multivitamin to ensure adequate intake of these vitamins.

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervicaldysplasia/prevention.shtml
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Anon 34, preventing cervical dysplasia is a whole lot different than preventing a virus.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 8:27 PM on May. 9, 2009