Jet Lag having trouble self soothing

Any ideas here ladies? recently we took my 17mnth old to Germany, now we are back in the states and she no longer self soothes herself to sleep. She is a crying mess anytime she wakes during the night or even going to bed. She isn't getting anywhere close to the amount of sleep she was before we left. If I hold her she stops, falls asleep and then the minute I put her in her crib wakes and the crying startes all over, if I don't pick her up she cries and cries. Anyone ever had this issue?

ttdccc

Asked by ttdccc at 1:27 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you think her ears could hurt or something because my son got an ear infection when he went on a plane the first time
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 7:01 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I don't know, she doesn't seem to be tugging at her ears. But she has been stopped up from sinuses and a cold, so wonder if it is her ears. Great question, I will watch her more closely today and see.
    ttdccc

Answer by ttdccc at 7:07 AM on May. 9, 2009

• maybe the congestion itsself is giving her a hard time with sleeping try to raise the head of her bed or crib so that she is propped up and not laying flat she may be having a harder time sleeping because she cant breath very well and when you hold her she is in a more upright position so it is easier to breathe
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 11:25 AM on May. 9, 2009