Hi I have a girlfriend who is I think around 275lbs maybe more but anyway

she's trying to get pregnant with IVF I met someone who said she doubts it will work because of her weight is this true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It does tend to be a little harder, but not impossible. I struggled and struggled to get pregnant, then gave up. Lost 30 pounds because I needed to. Finally got back down to a good weight for me, then right away got pregnant. Not saying the weight loss is the reason, it could have not even been a factor, just relaying my story. It could definitely not hurt for her to try to lose some weight.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:58 AM on May. 9, 2009

• It will be hard for YOU to get pregnant, but nothing is impossible... are we in like 3rd grade where you have to ask the question for your "friend"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh god lol it is my girlfriend who is trying to get pregnant I think your the one in 3rd grade..................& by the way why write that ? if you want to help then just answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I know! There always has to be a smart ass answer! Obviously the OP is a lesbian!! Lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Always a smart ass here she probably has no friends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on May. 9, 2009

• why do people have to be so fuckin rude on here?>!
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 1:58 AM on May. 9, 2009

• If she is ovulating and having a normal period, then it should not stop her from getting pregnant. There are a lot of chubby ladies that get pregnant with or without IVF! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:48 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Extra weight can make ttc and pregnancy harder, definitely. Does it necessarily make it impossible? No.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i dont think that it is impossible but i believe that there may be more health risks with here being preggers and having a problem with her weight it may make it harder on her to carry the baby and i am not trying to be mean but maybe talking to the doctor about the weight ans see what kind of problems that she could have i may be safer for her to wait until she can loose a little weight
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 11:21 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Well, I have heard that weight can play factor in pregnancy. It can be hard but, like many of the posters have said, not impossible.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2009