at what age ddid your baby say his first word?

My son said Dada and daddy the night after he turned 5 months is that average ubove average or late?

LyndseyBlake980

Asked by LyndseyBlake980 at 3:06 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she says lot of things but with no meaning since she was 6 month but all are trials
    nonaakliken

Answer by nonaakliken at 3:16 AM on May. 9, 2009

• After reading this question I began listening to my son very closely in an attempt to catch any single word. My son is 17 months and does not say any clear word. He does mumble night-night but that is it. My husband and I reported our concern to his pediatrician, who added on to our worries by stating that our son should be saying at least ten-twenty words. I don't know what to think. To answer your questions, I believe that your son is ABOVE average for his age.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• My boys made sounds that sounded like words as infants. They didn't really "speak" until after a year...13 months, 15 months and 23 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:37 AM on May. 9, 2009

• That is early! My daughter said her first word, hi, at 7.5 months, and her first sentence, goo night dada see you tomorrow morning, at 18 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on May. 9, 2009

• He understands what it means everytime michael comes in the room i say theres Daddy. And he only says Dada OR daddy when michael is in the room or if he wants him
    LyndseyBlake980

Answer by LyndseyBlake980 at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• my son said his first word at 10 months but it was kitty cat can you belive it?? i couldnt i was so mad it wasnt mama :( hes 12 months on fri and can say cat come, mama come, dada come nana, patpat, cup,book well kinna hes trying and dog he pretty smart though he knows everything your saying i know he dose he looks at you like he listening!
    Ilovemyson51508

Answer by Ilovemyson51508 at 11:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Some kids talk early, others walk early. Mine.............well, she's 8 months old and WON'T roll over or pull up but she says almost 10 words. She CAN do these things, she just has better things to do. Her first word was "get-it". She picked it up with us always saying "get-it, get-it" trying to get her to roll over, crawl etc.. In the last 2 weeks she's added "Bubba" - her brother; ball; bye-bye; baby; mama; she claps and says "yay me!" - her name is Emmalee and we call her Emmie; She has also picked up "pee-boo" - peekaboo (Thanks Kneebouncers). Much to dad's disappointment no "dada" yet. Now that she's copying words we say, I've got to be more careful.
    McDiane

Answer by McDiane at 8:12 PM on May. 23, 2009