does anyone know about boston terriers?

my DH aunt is going into a nursing home and they need a home for her dog.
He is 7 yrs old and is a boston terrier.
I have no exsperience with this kind of dog and figured someone on here could help.

Thanks!

dita

Asked by dita at 3:07 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pets

• Do you have specific questions? I have 2 Bostons. They are wonderful dogs. Are you thinking about keeping him?
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• A Boston can be a great family dogs. My mother breeds them and we have many people come and get them and they do great with kids. But like any dog, has this dog been around kids before and how was he raised. This will play a good role in what kind a dog he is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i am not sure , they are from a town a couple hours away.
    I will be asking some questions of them like is he kid friendly.
    I was more asking you ladies about in general are they good with kids, do they have special diet needs,do they have a tendacy to piddle in the house, and are they canine friendly as i do have a min pin and a aussie.
    The aussie is not in the house.
    The min pin likes small dogs like her.
    I also have a cat.
    I am thinking of keeping him at least till we find a home longer if it works out.
    dita

Answer by dita at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Every animal is different with all that you've mentioned. The sex of the dogs would also help in whether or not they get along, and the peeing in the house (two males will keep marking to cover the other's scent), has it been neutered, has it lived or been around many children etc.
    Boston Terriers are typyically very good with children, very smart, easy to train members of the family but there's always exceptions. With his age, it'd be harder for him to adapt if he's never lived with other animals, and they have personalities like humans and some just don't get along and some love every animal and person they come in contact with. A friend of mine has had several of them and the only thing I know about hers that would be a negative is that one of hers has had trouble with tear ducts and has to have allergy medicine because she's allergic to grass (I think she told me its common on both). Research online, lots of info
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:47 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i have 5 dogs. two are boston terriors. the two i have are really sweet. one is bout 12-13 weeks now rottin as ever, and the other one will soon be two, and she is so sweet. she (molly) loves to lick, and jump, and my 12 -13 week old ( spike) he loves to cuddle and play. they also love to sleep. they are great with kids, they love my kids. its so cute sometimes watching them play. they to me are the same as any other dog, taking care wise. any questions, feel free to look me up. i'll be glad to help.
    sophiecbz

Answer by sophiecbz at 8:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i know they are great w kids and families. very sweet critters.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:17 AM on May. 10, 2009

• well, he is here.
    He is very old and he is a sweet heart.
    He is friendly, but will bite if you pick him up.
    bigger then i thought he would be.
    Is very fat and came with lots of treats.
    Loves my cat and my min pin is unsure of him.
    dita

Answer by dita at 11:34 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i have a boston terrier and hes an ass lol
    ..elizabeth..

Answer by ..elizabeth.. at 3:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010