Is it okay to buy cigarettes/cigars when your child is with you?

of course, smoking them in from of the children is out of the question, but would you look at a person a certain way if they bought them while their young child was in tow?

quietstorm2686

Asked by quietstorm2686 at 3:47 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, what is the alternative (aside from quitting - before anyone jumps on that one...)
    Should smokers:
    a. Leave their child in the car unattended while they go into the store to buy ciggs?
    b. Hire a babysitter just to make an extra trip to the store so they can buy them in secret even though they were out earlier with their child?
    c. Make the child wear a blindfold and earplugs while they ask the store clerk for the ciggs and make their purchase so that the child is none the wiser?

This is a ridiculous thing to argue. I buy my smokes with my kid occasionally. If he is with me and I need to pick some up, I will. No big deal. I have also bought alcohol once with him with me. *gasp*
    disgustipated

Answer by disgustipated at 8:00 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i would mostly cause it is gross to begin with and not a good role model for the child
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:49 AM on May. 9, 2009

• NO U SHOULD BE BUYING THE CHILD FRESH FRUIT and veggies!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:01 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i buy them when my daughters with me..who's to say that im not buying them for someone else..just cuz im getting them, doesnt mean im the one smoking them..so. i dont think it really matters at all!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:02 AM on May. 9, 2009

• get chantrix it works!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:08 AM on May. 9, 2009

• 2mothers...I seriously doubt she was buying the stuff FOR the kid. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Im not gonna lie and not gonna hide either.. I have done it.. Not proud of it and i am trying to quit but yes i have done it. I explain to my two my old that they are "ickies'' WE do not smoke in our house or car and do our best not to let him see us smoking... We try to get them when he is not around .. like dad will go at night but there have been occsasions we I have had to buy them and he was with me.. NO it doesnt make me a bad mom.. Yes it is a bad choice, one I am working on .. but I dont think it is bad and I would never look down on anybody for their choices.. unless they were hitting or neglecting thier child.. NOw that mom in Europe who let her 3 yr old smoke.. she should have her son taken
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 8:12 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I work in retail so I see people buy ciggerettes w/ kids in tow all the time. It doesn't really bother me I just hope that they choose not to smoke with the child in the room/car.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 8:30 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Imho, if you're smoking in front of your kid/s (I mean like in an enclosed area...like the car), then I have an issue with it. That would make you a terrible (not to mention selfish) mother. But buying cigs with your child in tow isn't exactly the greatest example to set for your child, but it's not the worst thing you can do either. Just keep the smoke away from the kid so he doesn't have to suffer!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on May. 9, 2009

• thae way i see it..idk..nu my bissness..
    KRISSH

Answer by KRISSH at 8:42 AM on May. 9, 2009