• In the Spotlight:

Bruise looking spots

When my son was about 2 weeks old I noticed these bruise looking spots all over his lower back and bottom. They didn't say anything about it when he was born so I freaked out thinking we hurt our son. It happens that he was born with them and they call them mongolian spots. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had their baby have these spots and will they ever fade. My sons doctor told me they will never fade but then I was told they might. My son is almost 1 years old and they have not faded yet.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 4:09 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd has one on her ankle. It hasn't faded at all and she's 2 1/2. I guess it's just something she'll have to live with. She can never be a foot model :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:15 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Your lucky it is just on her ankle. The spots almost cover my sons whole back.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 4:32 AM on May. 9, 2009

• my son has 1 on his hip, it is still there and he is 5 1/2
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:53 AM on May. 9, 2009

• My dd has one on her butt. They are supposed to fade in 5-6 years
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:32 PM on May. 9, 2009