i got my IUD yesterday, and my dr didnt tell me ANY details about it...

he just put it in and said "alright!" and walked out.. i asked the nurse as SHE was walking out as well.. "are we done?" she said yup and left!
i didnt get any info about my IUD...

so questions are... if you can answer :)
1)when can i have sex
2)is it normal to pass a blood clot
3) when can i use a tampon

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:30 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DO NOT SMOKE IS ALL I KNOW
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 5:01 AM on May. 9, 2009

• why cant you smoke?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:12 AM on May. 9, 2009

• You need to call your doctor and demand the information you should have been given BEFORE you agreed to have the thing put in!!! How did you come to your decision to have an IUD without being fully informed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes call your doctor. Bleeding, and even small clots are normal, for up to a few weeks. IDK why the other poster said don't smoke. I believe you can use a tampon and have sex, as soon as you are comfortable. Mine was almost a year ago, so I'm fuzzy on the details. Def call with the questions.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 AM on May. 9, 2009

• No tampon for the spotting you inevitably will have at first and SMALL clots and cramping are normal. i have never heard antyhing about smoking. Sex will make the spotting worse initially and you are not SAFE for about 24 hours. You really made the decision to get an IUD without all this information beforehand?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i had the mirena and i bled for like the first 3months straight, but no cramping, and after that i just had a light period every month, still no cramping :) i didnt have sex for the first 3 months because i was bleeding the whole time but u can have sex whenever u feel comfy. call ur dr. and ask about the tampons because i dont remember when u can start using them. good luck:)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:13 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I agree with anon :35. Why would you let ANYBODY (dr. or not) put something in your body without being fully informed about it?
    Anonymous

• did you get the hormonal kind-Mirena or the Paragard with no hormones...makes a HUGE difference in the info we can give
    http://www.paragard.com/
    http://www.mirena-us.com/index.jsp
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i had a pamphlet about it, and the drs appt before (about 3 weeks prior) he told me the information that was in the pamphlet, but nothing about when you can have sex and stuff....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Ask yourself this question. Do you want to have sex now? Then ask your doctor. It is easy to not now everything about an issue or proceedure beforehand. I'm sure that you asked questions about your proceedure before the proceedure was done with your doctor. Don't feel bad for not knowing all of the details before. It's really expected that questions will come up afterward. But your doctor is the one to ask for sure. I'm just being honest with you. You can be honest in knowing that your questions will be answered & the right advice will be known for all of them; by a professional. Take care of yourself dear; the best way or the best answer you can get & beleive in!
    HelpHillaryNow

Answer by HelpHillaryNow at 2:26 AM on May. 10, 2009