Is anyone else mad that a 13 year-old girl's innocence was ruined by an illegal strip-search for non-existant Ibuprofen?

http://you-r-not-strip-searching-my-children.blogspot.com

This girl is now a young college student and she still feels ruined. I can't imagine any child undergoing a strip search and not being paranoid the rest of their lives. Especially because it was done by school officials that she knew and trusted! What do you think you'd do if it was your own child? ////

MomaNana2008

Asked by MomaNana2008 at 4:46 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WAIT TILL OBAMA SAYS NO MORE SUMMER BREAK! THAN FUN WILL BE OVER AMERICA NEEDS TO GO TO SCHOOL FOREVER! TILL WE OUTSMART JAPAN.

SERIOUSLY I HATE THAT THE GIRL WAS TRASHED!LIKE THAT!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:56 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I read about that in USA Today a few weeks ago... I think the school made a serious mistake, especially since they a)based the strip search on the fact that another student who WAS caught with ibuprofen said they got it from the victim, and b) no one contacted her parents to get consent.
    Who the hell gets high on ibuprofen anyway? I had a prescription for it after my last child was born, and seriously you would need to wash it down with vodka to have any affect. Over the counter ibuprofen does the same thing if you take four of them.

I don't want to see a lawsuit, I want someone to get FIRED for this crap. Why in the world would you rely on the accusations of another 13 year old (kids lie all the time, trust me, especially about other kids) and use that as your only basis to do such a disgusting act?
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:06 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Why bring it up 5yrs later? If it happened when she was 13 then I think they should have acted at that time getting her therapy and other help. It seems to me now they just want money. I'm not justifying the act by no means. A 13 yr old should never be stripped searched without a parent present, but I'm just at odds at why they have waited so long.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:53 AM on May. 9, 2009

• 2mothershelpers:

What the heck does that have to do with anything regarding this post?
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:59 AM on May. 9, 2009

• The reason it is news NOW is that it went to the Supreme Court, just recently. They have been pursuing it this whole time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• If that was my child someone would be losing their job and getting prosecuted because what they did was highly illegal.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:40 AM on May. 9, 2009

• WAIT TILL OBAMA SAYS NO MORE SUMMER BREAK!

what do you base this on? or does it even HAVE any basis in reality?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:49 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I heard on tv that the Supreme Court is leaning on the side of the school. If that happens it will be a travesty. If the police can't even question a minor without a parent present why on earth would the school be allowed to strip search them.

IMO, if the school thinks there is a problem they need to call the police and the parents and let them take it from there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:54 AM on May. 9, 2009

• get over it people. That is why we are raising a "i'll sue you" type of generation. big deal.

maybe kids will stop being such little sh&t-heads and straighten up! I really do not think this is something to be paranoid about for the rest of your life! sensitive little, whiny, cry to momma generation.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:24 AM on May. 9, 2009

i have to agree thunderlight, kids want hand outs not hand ups. she got searched not raped. big difference.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:44 AM on May. 9, 2009