Do your kitties try to talk to you? What have they said?

Do you think they are very intelligent and only need extreme amounts of repetition to learn? Have you ever thought of having an Alzheimer parent or grandparent try to teach them to talk (it may help them too~!)

MomaNana2008

Asked by MomaNana2008 at 4:55 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pets

• haahahhaha LMFAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Our older cat gets very nervous if his food dish is empty. He hops up on my desk and stares at me and gives a little bark of a meow. I am trying to not keep food in the dishes all the time because the younger cat is getting too chubby, so I pet and coo to him, but he just looks disgusted at my not getting the message. Food. Dish. Empty!

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Mine "talk" but not in the sense that birds do. They let you know if the food dish is empty, litter box is dirty or they want to be petted.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:30 AM on May. 9, 2009

• my cat "talks " he says feed me or ill eat you, and give me water or ill poop in your shoe! lol
    He is a very smart kittie and we love him beyond belief.
    He doesnt wait till his food is all gone either he says something when it has about 10-20 pieces left!
    SO FUNNY!!
    dita

Answer by dita at 10:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• My cat will let me know when he dosnt have any food left. He always has water because he just drinks out of whatever cup is sitting on the table no matter what the drink is. Me and my husband lock him up at night because hes starting to pee on everything! But when we do it sounds like hes yelling mom. Like he is trying to get my attention so i can let him out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My mom's cat throws up in her shoes or in her bed when he gets mad... I don't know if thats what you mean by talking but he gets his point across
    Anonymous

• Many people just choose to repeat certain words or sounds to their cats to see if they will repeat. What I have learned in the last 19 hears, is that when cats get near birds, they make sounds that mimic theh birds!  I was so surprised that they did that-and they have caught birds that way too. They do it outside but moreso when they are inside near our balcony.////

MomaNana2008

Answer by MomaNana2008 at 9:20 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I leave the door open just a tad at times so they can go to their catbox-I noticed them hiding in the curtains and making a funny little "wiggly" sound - it sounded like one of the birds that feeds on our balcony! VERY FUNNY BUT VERY DANGEROUS They do this to lure the bird within range of a strike! Can you believe it? I was amazed. Meanwhile they do mimic even words if you say them enough over and over again. Especially if the word is a person :ex: "moma" and they love "moma'" -they try to mimic to gain favor! It is adorable. ////

MomaNana2008

• My siamese cat says NOOOOOO and Mama.
    She normally just does the noooo thing if your giving her a bath.
    Bathing a 20 pound squirming cat isnt fun.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:21 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Lol, Brewski, the drawer-opening maine coon used to say, "Now, Maaaan!" when I was in the bathroom with the door closed... I don't think it's anything that he heard us say over and over, but nevertheless, I've heard of it! And he did do the "clicking" you referred to when they saw birds! Talk about some strange noise!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2009