mirena?

for those of you who have had mirena for a decent amount of time.... have you gained alot of weight?... how much weight have you gained since having it?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 5:22 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, idk but i just would like to be a part of this post....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:27 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I have had it for 18 months and I gained 30 pounds and just had it taken out and went back to the pill....Never again with that thing!
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 8:09 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I have had mine for almost 2 years and I havent gained any weight from mirena. The only problem I've had with it is that my body thinks its pregnant once in awhile. And thats only because there is a foreign object in your uterus.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 8:56 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I've had mine for probably about 10 months now and I haven't gained an ounce. I don't think that mirena makes you gain any weight? The hormones are only going to your uterus so, I'm pretty sure that you don't gain weight from it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i've had mirena for about 8 months. i have not gained any weight at all. i'm just about back to my pre-pregnancy weight. the hormones in mirena are local, not systemic so it really wouldn't make someone gain weight. that is why women can get mirena and still breastfeed, because it doesn't go throughout the body, so it doesn't affect milk supply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2009