What would you do?

My fiance' is visiting SC and I didn't go. Well he's been there 3 weeks. It seems I'll text sometimes during the day(not too much) he doesn't answer. He promised everynight he'd call or text, but theres been 5 times he has forgotten. One time he said "Oh I was in a movie" Another time I fell asleep sorry. But, tonight not a text, a call nothing and I have texted him. It's very very very hurtful and my hormones(i'm pregnant we tried for 10 months) are making it feel worse (i think) What would you do? What does it seem like to you? Please someone help, answer me, because it hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• If it's where he's from I would think he's simply having fun. Hanging out with the guys. Doing what guys do. Even if he's not I wouldn't worry. Trust him and kick your hormones in the ass.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:09 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Personally I would not be happy.
    If he said he was going to do it well then it should be done.
    Sounds to be that he is not very responsible.
    It would tell him that you are unhappy with the fact that he is forgetting to do something that is important to you. To do it once I can understand but to do it repeatly...no.
    What does it seems like to me, once again personally I would feel that I was not on his mind.
    Now go and speak your mind.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:07 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd give him space. After an unanswered text or call or two, it becomes nagging. So I'd back off and let him find that I am not smothering him.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I would not chide or criticize him at all from a distance especially. Think what he would feel like- he is having a good time with his friends and a woman keeps calling him, and when he answers, she yells and criticizes. Not a positive feeling about her. If instead she supports what he is doing and talks with him with gentle and caring words, then this would be a good feeling.

Answer by Bmat at 8:12 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd probably be pissed. Here's the real question you need to ask, do you trust him? Do you believe he's doing what he says he's doing? If you do, the you just need to tell him how neglected you feel and that you need to know that you matter even when you're apart. That you need to be a priority in his life.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• it sounds like he's busy then tired. He thinks all is well on the home front so he doesn't check in. He probably figures if anything is wrong someone would contact him.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 AM on May. 9, 2009

• WHY is he in SC? Is he working? He's about to become a FATHER...is he enjoying his last few days/weeks as a "single guy" or is this typical of him?!

If you are just hormonal and lonely and otherwise trust him, leave him be. If you have reason to doubt him, and he's not being financially productive or responsible, then I'd be demanding he come home, and stop goofing off! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:22 AM on May. 9, 2009