How would you know?

If when you are pregnant, and your baby dies? Can you tell right away? Or could you not be able to tell? Would you have to go to the doctor and be suprised by the news? Or are there symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it depends on how far along you are
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I think about this all the time. It terrifies me!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 8:29 AM on May. 9, 2009

• If you aren't far enough along to be able to feel the baby I don't know how you would know. If you are far enough along to feel the baby, then you might be able to tell because the baby might go an extended time without moving. You might cramp and feel really ill (which most pregnant women do at some point anyway). I think the best thing to do though would be to go to the dr.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Well if you are far along enough to feel the baby move, and you dont feel the baby move for awhile you should take a trip to the dr. If you are still in the early sages and the baby dies your body will most likely self abort it. You will bleed like you are having a period or maybe a little more. With my son, he was very active and then at about the 7th month he moved around a lot less. So I went to the dr and they assured me he was still healthy, but they set me up for fetal monitoring twice a week just to make sure. You can also get one of those devices to listen to the baby's heartbeat. I think they sell them at babys r us and toys r us.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 8:42 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I am 16 weeks, and I have heard the heartbeat twice, the last time was April 29th. I am suppost to go get an ultrasound today, but its not at my doctors office, and I am scared they might say something terrible, like they dont see a heartbeat. I am probably just worrying myself, but i just dont feel like i have been eating as much this last week, and i havnt felt the baby move yet, i know that you dont usually byt his time if its your first, but i am really scared.... i still pee all the time though..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 9, 2009

• It really dependds. If you are at a point hwere you can feel the baby move, and you don't feel it for a long time, then it might be cause to worry. Or you may just be busy with your day to day activiites and not notice. earlier on, all I can think of is miscarriage and you'd know that was happening.

Best I can say is try not to worry b/c stress can make pregnancy worse. If you are concerned, go to your doc and have them listen for the heartbeat. Or get one that you can use at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 9, 2009

• to know for sure...dr
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:24 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I was surprised each time to hear my baby died, although I had some cramping and bleeding that sent me into the dr each time, I did not know ahead of time that the baby had died, I just knew something was wrong, but not that wrong
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:13 PM on May. 9, 2009

• There isnt always a way to know. It depends on how far along you are. My doctors got my due date messed up by a month and they thought that i got pregnant and then my body didnt know what to do so the baby stoped developing. We found out a couple of weeks later that my due date was off and thats why i wasnt as far along as they thought i should have been. Unless you can feel the baby moving i dont think that you can tell if you misscarried. But i do know that if you do then your body will try to get rid of the baby. Kinda like you body is aborting it itself. I would ask your doctor about it though if you have any more questions about it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:21 PM on May. 9, 2009