Have YOU ever had an eating disorder?

Someone told me that I don't know what it's like to have an eating disorder.
Ha. Ha. Ha.

I've had a binging disorder since I was about ten years old. I know exactly what it's like to have an eating disorder.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:46 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry. I'm the same way. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:47 AM on May. 9, 2009

• nope I love eating way to much
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:58 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I have had one over 20 years. Both Anorexia and Bulemia. I have gotten in under control in the past few years, but it's always there in the back of my mind. It was especially hard during my 3 pregnancies, but I used all of my will power and the love for my unborn babies and didn't purge one time.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I used to be anorexic and bulimic. The bulimia still comes back to me now and again. I think the longest stretch I went without binging/purging was when I was pregnant. Which in turn, I gained 60 pounds, AUGH!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I have ED-NOS...it's been under control for at least a year now, but I still struggle with it from time to time.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I had one in college...anorexia-purging type, with some episodes of bulimia. I have been healthy for about 3 years now : )
    AmandaL21

Answer by AmandaL21 at 2:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• When I was a teenager, I never ate. Once in while I would pick at food, but never really ate anything. THen when I would get really hungry, I would steal pies and stuff at work, go into the bathroom and binge on them. I worked at chickfila. I would get these major headaches because I didnt eat but yet I couldnt bring myself to eat. I ve never vomited though. I tried and just couldnt do it. I wasnt that desperate. I just didnt eat. I lost a lot of weight but no one ever suspected that I wasnt eating. They just told me how good I looked because I had been heavy previous.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes I did when I was in hs about 6 yrs agomy junior year but I'm better now well for the most part
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have yes. Both anorexia and bulimia. I still struggle with the thoughts that led me to be that way and in the back of my mind the little lies will always whisper that I can lose weight fast if I just starve and over exercise or that if I feel to full I can always go throw up but I pray them away and remind myself that I AM NOT my weight or the size of my thigh, jeans, butt etc..... It is hard, especially since I am about 15 pounds heavier than I really feel comfortable at, still have baby weight (the kid is almost 3 so....) and I just started a new medication that can cause weight gain. So for me now I just have to be really mindful of what I am eating, exercise plenty and remember always that I am so much more than my body and whatever size I am. I don't want my daughter growing up with the same body image issues that I did. It's about healthy living not constant dieting in our house.
    lovemybabygirl7

Answer by lovemybabygirl7 at 3:09 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I struggled with Anorexia and Bulimia for two years! I cut it out when I got pregnant and thought I was ok, I gained over 100lbs!!! Now I've lost almost 60 and find myself starting up with it again and getting obsessed over my weight. I'm scared to death about it, I can't help it no matter what I try
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 5:02 PM on May. 9, 2009