do you think men should be allowed on cafeMOM?

every time a guy comes on the site asking for help with his wife, he gets deleted.

and every time that happens, a bunch of people come to his rescue, screaming that it's not fair that he was deleted. but this is a site for moms, right? not dads.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that is very true...
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• no no no no nono no no
    there are dads sites
    the sanctity of cm is is knowing that it is only moms we are talking to
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i think this site was created for women only. it should stay that way. there are tons of other sites that are for both. alot of women aren't comfortable talking about thier issues with men around.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Nope. I'm quite happy with only dealing with females here. If I wish to interact with men I can go to Myspace or Facebook.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:32 AM on May. 9, 2009

• If a man sincerely needs advice on raising children, in other words, if he is acting as Mom, then yes I think he should be allowed. I would think that the questions on conceiving and discharges, etc, would be a turn off for a guy, even so, and that he wouldn't bother with them. I think that a male point of view of some of our questions and replies might be useful, too. Such as should I tell my husband about this or that.

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I dont think they should be allowed on CM as a whole. But I wouldnt object to seeing a part where they had access to ask questions. There are single dad's out there that need advice, and men who need advice about their wives/ so's. So why not have a place (not access to the entire site) where they can get help?
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:35 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Answered at 9:35 AM on May. 9, 2009 by: abbynzachsmommy I dont think they should be allowed on CM as a whole. But I wouldnt object to seeing a part where they had access to ask questions. There are single dad's out there that need advice, and men who need advice about their wives/ so's. So why not have a place (not access to the entire site) where they can get help?

OMG! i love this!!! you should put it to cafemom, they could have a forum called cafedad and restrict the men to only this part of cafemom. but that does put a problem of how to keep them from getting onto our homepages if we respond to thier questions. and from our homepages to the rest of cafemom. hmmmm
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:39 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I think that they should have their own site, cafedad.com!! LOL. But how many men would actually join to give them advice??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:40 AM on May. 9, 2009

• No I think this site should be for just moms
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:45 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Kind of sounds like "reverse discrimination!" Women have for YEARS fought to be included in Men's only "clubs" (ie" country clubs, The Citadel, etc.)--why are some women so aghast at the concept that some "Mr. Mom's" out there need some advice?! After all who better to give a man advice on raising children than experienced and knowledgeable moms...and (as hard as it may be to comprehend) maybe even some experienced and knowledgeable dads?! LOL

I think it would be a great idea to have a specific section/group/forum for Mr. Mom's to post their questions and concerns with regards to their CHILDREN. I think allowing men to just gripe about women is unnecessary and that should not be allowed.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:56 AM on May. 9, 2009