How can I slow the deer down from coming into my garden?

I have about an acre of garden every year. And every year I battle the deer. I have used dryer sheets, fencing, human hair-you name it I've tried it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

auntj

Asked by auntj at 9:53 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dump your pee all around it... sounds sick I know. Or get a gaurd dog?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 9, 2009

• http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/pests/2000053920004911.html

Just google it.. all kinds of stuff comes up
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:06 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Hey... that IS true.........about the urine.............you CAN go to a hunting type store and get the urine of it's predator and put it around..........for rats in your garden it says to get the urine of a fox.

Liquid Fence is supposed to be good......look it up online.........they can tell you about it.

www.liquidfence.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Pick up Mays issue of better homes and garden. There is an article about what kind of plants to put in your garden that deer don't like.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yeah, urine works... We had to get some to put near our garbage cans to keep the stupid neighbors dogs out of it. I'm still working with the town about making them get a fence for those stupid things. I wouldn't mind so much, if the one hand not tried to attack me while I was outside at night trying to take out a last minute back of garbage before I went to bed.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:47 PM on May. 9, 2009