Anyone have RA? What were your symptoms when first diagnosed?

I am impatiently awaiting some blood test results for wierd joint pain I have been having. I'm 29, my dad has RA. I have constant aching and pain in both hips, especially in the mornings or when sitting. My hand is the same way. When I wake up the bones in my palm are so stiff and achy I can hardly move my left hand. After a while in the morning that goes away with using it. But I sit at a desk all day so the hip pain is unbearable. It that is's on both sides, a trademark of RA, that is scarey. I am hoping the blood work will reveal something. If it all comes back normal I don't know where to go at that point. I'm extreamly tired all the time, and basically just feel like crap. I have tried to research online, but most of what i am finding, RA is unusually to start in the hip area. I am just getting so frustrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Health

• Just so you know, a negative RH doesn't mean you don't have Rheumatoid arthritis. If your sed rate is high it means you have inflammation and should be monitored. Good luck. My mom has RA and I have been checked but so far I'm negative, but due to my symptoms they assume I have it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• go to healthline.com and search RA, im actually going to be doing the same thing in a few hours as i have a research paper due on RA next week. The website i gave you was given to us by a professor as a resource for our paper
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• They look at your sed rate and your ANA, as well. There are so many auto-immune and collagen vascular diseases that cause similar symptoms. And they can be difficult to diagnose. You have to be persistent with your physician.
    boomom1973

Answer by boomom1973 at 10:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Study shows that the symptoms of being inflicted with rheumatoid arthritis is when you are feeling "Morning stiffness" which is considered as one of the hallmark,swelling and inflammation of joints and if you do experience this. It is best that you consult your doctor before it become severe. DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 10:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2012