what would you tell your sister-in-law?

my brother and his wife are getting a divorce. my sons 15th b-day party is this weekend so i went to go get my sister-n-law and my niece, and nephews for his party. my brother also came up. they talked last night, and she asked me if i should give him another chance? i told her to serch her heart, and make sure that is what she wants, cause if she just jumps back in it will make it harder on her and the kids. he has been seeing another girl since they split up, and she seen another guy. did i give the right advise or what should i tell her? please help me!!

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 10:16 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• yes it's best not to say yes or no. they have to decide for themselves what is best and will make them happiest
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:20 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Why did they split? My brother is also going though the same thing except he's wife is cheating on him for the second time. And I told him just to let her go, she has never put him first, this is not the first time and she is always bitching that he is lazy when he is not and does work he ass off for her to keep up with her sisters. By the way she has 6 sisters and they have also cheated on their Husbands.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:22 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I think you did... I'd have said something like "only you and he know if it's worth another try but I will still care for you both regardless of whether you're together or not".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:08 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I think you said the best thing you could say. You didn't tell her to give him another chance, and you didn't tell her not to. You advise her to do the right thing, to be sure she does what she really wants. I think you gave great advice!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• they split up because he was gambling all the time, and put them in debt more than. they was argueing alot in front of there 3 boys 9, 8,6 and her daughter 12. my brother never treated her daughter as his own even thou he has had her as his daughter since she was 2 yrs. old. she had alrights to leave him.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 4:54 PM on May. 9, 2009