What would you do?

My fiance' is visiting SC and I didn't go. Well he's been there 3 weeks. It seems I'll text sometimes during the day(not too much) he doesn't answer. He promised everynight he'd call or text, but theres been 5 times he has forgotten. One time he said "Oh I was in a movie" Another time I fell asleep sorry. But, tonight not a text, a call nothing and I have texted him. It's very very very hurtful and my hormones(i'm pregnant we tried for 10 months) are making it feel worse (i think) What would you do? What does it seem like to you? Please someone help, answer me, because it hurts.

I need more advice than I was giving please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly honey I am not sure what to tell you. I think what you need to do is talk to him about how you are feeling and ask him why he isn't calling / texting you like he said he would. In order to have a good relationship there needs to be good communication. If you partner isn't treating you the way you want to be treated or following up on things they said they would do you need to be straight forward and let them know. They can not read your mind and although it should be obvious that what they are or are not doing is upsetting it isn't always. Talk to him tell him how you are feeling and ask for answers.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Maybe he just needs some time away from you. Stop calling and texting him and act like you're having a blast without him. Then, he will definitely call you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• take your mind off him dont call or text at all my boyfriend did that to me all the time eventually we got married and it stopped but now i know that alll that wasnt worth it i should have just ignored him make him see that hes not your everything. he probably is thinking that your pregnant so your not going to do anything so just frget him and go out with ur friends or soemthing trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• why is he there in the first place? family?
    Anonymous

• Like anon asked, why is he there? and why so long?
    I think you should listen to the others and stop calling and texting him. Not all together but leave it to like one phone call a night, leave him a voicemail telling him that you are doing ok, you had fun today and you miss him and call it a night. If you give him room to miss you, he will miss you and make a move to start contacting you.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:09 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I haven't got a clue what's up other than he might be busy with friends and by the time he gets time to call/text it's too late unless you've had infedelity problems with him before.
    If he hasn't seen family and friends in a while I'm guessign that's what it is but he should be consderate enough to atleast take 5 minutes from his day and call you.
    I'd stop calling/texting and wait and see how long it takes him to call you instead of you calling him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• These are the kinds of things that we find out about men during the dating and engagement period. We find out if they think about us all the time the way we think about them. We find out if they can keep their word or if they tend to "forget." We observe their total character and then decide it this is a man we want to love and honor for the rest of our lives. I honestly think you may have jumped the gun with this one, because these are not good signs. I've been married more than 44 years, and my husband still hates to be away from me for even a few hours, and I feel the same way about him. Since you have a baby to think about, it's going to be very hard for you to break this off, which is exactly what I would tell you to do if there wasn't a child involved. Waiting until after you are married to have children still has lots and lots of benefits, even though I know it's considered old-fashioned by many. Good luck!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• time and time again.. I see girls putting the "cart before the horse". You should have taken the time to really get to know him, get engaged, married and then start a family! He might not be exactly what you think he is! He already is disregarding your feelings with "not calling" etc. Sounds like he really isn't responsible!
    Anonymous

• You do need to distract yourself and stop worrying right now for your health & sanity. It's difficult to tell what's going on with him while he's not there so wait until he gets back and see if things are still Ok between you.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 5:59 PM on May. 9, 2009