Hair dyes

Can i use the hair dye again ther next day? it was my first time dying my hair it wasnt the color i thought but okay but now i need to dye my eyebrows and i want to know if i can use the left over dye.

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 10:30 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• probably not. i'd read the box. on a side note, i would imagine it's dangerous to dye your own eyebrows incase it runs
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• i threw it away but it says to use a bit i just ddnt get a chance to read if the dye would still work after a certain amount of time
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 10:34 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't reccomend using left over dye. AT ALL! You could harm your skin, or have a bad reaction to left over hair dye.

They clearly state to throw away ANY left over dye. Never used it to dye my eye brows, I'd leave that to a professional.....for your own safety.

You can look online for the name brand dye you are using..........but to risk going blind as they say.......never use it on your eye brows.......even the ones that DON'T drip....they do from the heat from your head.

Wait til Monday and call the 800# on the box.........but you can also check out their website online.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 9, 2009

• on the box it says that after a few minutes the dye becomes inactive and it would give you the color intended. thats why once you mix it you must apply it before it becomes inactive
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 2:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• definatley do not use the left over dye! it will cause skin irrataion and may not even deposit color.
    if you ever want to color your eyebrows just use a q-tip and vasaline on the skin around the eyebrow area to protect your skin from getting stained from the dye. then use those disposable mascara wands to dip into the dye and brush your eyebrow hair. better to have little on the brush and dip it again rather than too much that might drip into your eye. after the recommended time is up on the dye, throw it away. it quites oxidizing (working) after the time limit, or most dyes do.
    momsince01

Answer by momsince01 at 5:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Do NOT use leftover dye. If it's only been an hour or two fine, but absolutely not the next day.
    They do make eyebrow tinting kits. They have some at Sally's (if you have one in your area) in the hair color aisle. I would ask about that rather than buying a new color just for your brows.
    disgustipated

Answer by disgustipated at 9:25 PM on May. 9, 2009