Do women really wait for 12 contractions in an hour....

to go to the hospital even if your getting an epi? haha cuz i don't know if i can wait that long at home, although i haven't experienced the pain yet, so i don't know how much i can hack.

mzmegank21

Asked by mzmegank21 at 10:38 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will be at that hospital in no time flat. I have an retarded low pain tolerance.big smile mini

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:45 AM on May. 9, 2009

• they wont check you in before 4 or 5 cm dilated depending on the hospital... so it would be a waste to show up at the beginning of contrax.. also, just because you start contracting doesn't mean you are in real labor and you could stall or stop while at the hospital which puts you at risks for unnecessary interventions.

epi or not I wouldn't go in until I was 100 positive I was in labor, so generally 4 min apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:49 AM on May. 9, 2009

• it all depends on what you can handle and what your dr advises.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:49 AM on May. 9, 2009