How do I get my 11 month old son to eat his veggies and other foods that are good for him?

I've tried everything from standing on my head to sneaking it into his mouth but he refuses it. The only things that he will eat with no problem are grits, yogurt and breast milk. I have other kids and I've never had this problem with any of them. I'm at the end of my rope. HELP!!!

Asked by Felis0426 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try adding them to little at a time to the things he already likes. With some kids you have to introduce things to them 10 times before they take to it.

Answer by CandiGram at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Good book called The Sneaky Chef. She tells you how to hide veggies in foods kids will like!

Answer by manna1qd at 10:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am sure you have tried it but what about mixing just a little with other foods to not force too much so may change later if not tried TOO much relax his tastes may change use as treats as gets a little older it worked for me

Answer by ouromnifamily at 10:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Don't give him anything other than veggies for awhile. Once he figures out that that's all you're offering, he'll get over it.

Answer by mom2ljh at 10:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just keep offering them to him. Does he self feed? Does he eat table foods yet? Offer some peas or mashed potatos...yes they get messy but eventually something ends up in his mouth. LOL. good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I read a study that it takes about 15 times to get a child to get used to (or learn to enjoy) a food. My daughter does this! She'll hate it the first few times and then she can't get enough, followed by not liking depends on the day!

Answer by meghancooper at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• try making carrot apple juice and put the stuff in juices

• are you eating them in front of him and showing him how yummy they are? thats what i do with my son. I take a bite and say "yummmmmy" in a silly voice. then he gets excited to try!

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 5:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008