What are some easy, do ahead recipes for a wedding

Im getting married next june. I am TRYING to do the food myself. Nothing extravagant. I have several crock pot ideas. and a spiral ham with mini rolls idea. I was wondering if any one knew of anything else, OTHER than meatballs and cheese trays. I'm looking for things i can make 2 days in advance and just reheat, or keep cold. I'm having about 50 people, evening time, outdoors.

shan7195

Asked by shan7195 at 10:40 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• well, you could do these mini wrap things. take flour tortilias and put cream cheese on them (it works better if its softened a bit), then put lunch meat (ham, turkey, etc) and lettuce on it. roll it up and cut it into bite size peices, placing toothpicks in as needed to hold them shut.
    another idea. cheese cubes and pepperoni slices on toothpicks. sounds low class but they taste good and they're easy.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:45 AM on May. 9, 2009

• First, Congratulations to you and your beloved!
    Next, I will throw out some idea, feel free to contact me directly for recipes:
    Hummus and pita chips
    Qunoa salad with black beans
    Layered taco salad
    pasta with broccoli and peanut sauce
    Crockpot vegetable curry with chickpeas
    Spinach and rice casserole
    Spring greens with beets and goat cheese

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You could do a large tray of baked rigatoni. That is super easy and very inexpensive. We are having our daughter's wedding catered, but instead of choosing2 entrees, we are only choosing one and then I'm gonna make several big trays of baked rigatoni. By doing this, we're saving $500.00 off our catering bill and, I can actually make one of those big, commercial size, foil trays for only about $10.00. This can even be frozen before baking and then thawed and heated when you need it. And you can do it with or without meat and either way is really good. Best Wishes to you!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2009