What would you do?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

If you were in this position what would you do? What if it was your child this was happening too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't be in that situation, I'd never send my kid to a christian school. and I wouldn't let any school dictate to my kid about something let that.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:02 AM on May. 9, 2009

• what was that movie from the 80s where Kevin Bacon brings dancing to the super-christian town? It sounds exactly like that! Footloose!!!!
    Really though, I would be so irritated if I paid good money only to find out that the school I sent my kid to didn't give them the chance to use their own judgement at 17 or 18. I mean, the kid is about to graduate...so it's not like they can pull him from the school. I'm not sure what I would do. I know my kid would go to that dance, and I would have a few words for the school board on God and how people should choose right from wrong on their own.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:03 AM on May. 9, 2009

• if the kid new the rules when he started going there then he knew it wasn't a loud, and by doing what wasn't aloud he broke a rule.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:33 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Why on earth would those rules apply out side of school? They can;t dictate what he does out side of school. It is not their juristiction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I would never send my child to such a school in which dancing is not aloud. This is not the dark ages.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• First I would never send my kids to any kind of religious school, my brother and I went to Catholic school and they tried to suspend my whole class for having a Halloween party and they tried to suspend my brother & his friend for going to pizza hut after school (they went to play video games) because the girls volleyball team was there having a party. In both cases my dad told the school what we did after school was none of their damn business.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• LOOSE...FOOTLOOSE, put on your Sunday shoes...please, louis...pull me offa my knees...

EVERYBODY CUT FOOTLOOSE!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• The rules shouldn't apply outside of the school.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• not aloud? Try ALLOWED.
    Anonymous

• Thank you, anon:29. It's really hard to take someone seriously when basic spelling is ignored.
    Anonymous