how to get my daughter to give up her pacifer.

she is 4yrs old and we have tried every thing to get up to give up the pacifer. she just refuses. she doesn't want any of her friends to know she has it. we have tried to tell her we will tell her friends , but she crys. and still wont give it up.help!

PINKMOMMA4

Asked by PINKMOMMA4 at 11:21 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take it away? Just throw them away. She'll get over it in a day or two.

Or, tell her that there are little kids littler than her that need them, and ask her to share with them. Then go around with her and gather them all up, and donate them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:24 AM on May. 9, 2009

• We had such a problem getting our two year old to give up his bottle. One day I had enough and just threw it away. The first few days sucked for him and us, but he had no choice but to adjust. Maybe try this method with her?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:26 AM on May. 9, 2009

• when my daughter was barely 2, Santa took hers so he could give them to the babies and bring her some big girl presents, she was ok with it at first and then she pouted for it a few times and i just reminded her that santa took it and all that. it worked for us. good luck! :)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Okay she is 4 so she can't buy them, and if you throw them away then they are gone and thats the end of it. If she is old enough to know she doesn't want her friends to see it then she is old enough to go without it. So take it from her and don't buy anymore. Be CONSISTENT and don't give in.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:59 AM on May. 9, 2009

• With my DD when she was 2 I believe, we gathered up all of her paci's. We told her there was a binki fairy, we told her that the fairy brings the binki's to babies that need them, since she was a big girl she didn't need them anymore. So we put them all in a little basket, and the next morning she had a big girl toy in it. We threw them out in the dumpster. She never had problem with it after that.
    Good luck mama!
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 12:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• get her a gift that she really wants but that she can't have unless she gives up the binky.we just threw my sons awawy.made him do it him self.she will have buck teeth at this age.
    starshine57

Answer by starshine57 at 3:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• my friends 4 year old had the same problem. He refused, if she took it he made him self very very very sick. this year around christmas time she had enough. She told him that Santa needed them for the baby raindeeres, & that if he gave them up Santa would leave a very big gift. (he got a powerwheel.)) He asked about them once or twice, but finally stopped.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• TAKE IT AWAY! You are the parent.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:33 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Just take it away! My son stop taking one at 10 months. I was glad b/c I wasnbreaking him at a year. She really is to old to have one.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:59 PM on May. 11, 2009