Does Having Twins Early Mean You'll Have A Singleton Early?

I'm having a baby in September. She is my third child. 5 years ago, I had a set of twins, who where due September 8, but I had them July 24. I was just curious to see if anyone else who had twins first and delivered early had a singleton early.

rockinmom82

Asked by rockinmom82 at 11:28 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, that is really early.... I think probably you'll have your single child closer to the due date though because she won't be in competition with anyone else for resources. Your other babies were having to share room, food, everything!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:42 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I think my friends' twins would have been Christmas babies, but they were Thanksgiving babies instead. When she had her singleton, she was definately uncomfortable and contracting earlier, but the baby only came about a week before the due date. I think singletons tend to stay cooking a little longer, but you might experience more general pregnancy discomfort for a longer period of time. My friend was absolutely miserable for the last month!
    MaMomToTwo

Answer by MaMomToTwo at 12:17 PM on May. 9, 2009