Christians:please explain not agreeing with gay marriage

and not hating a person because they are gay? Does it anger you that because you do not agree with one it must automatically mean hate?

I hate peas....does that mean I hate every pea eating mamma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Amen. Hate is not a Christian value!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:34 AM on May. 9, 2009

• Does it mean you do everything in your power to prevent other mom's from growing, buying or eating peas in the privacy of their own home?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:36 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I HATE PEAS TOO!  I think we should organise to try and stop everyone from eating peas.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:42 AM on May. 9, 2009

• actually if you dislike something you dislike it.. it's when you act on it, trying to stop it (in this case homosexuals, or the growing and planting and eating of peas, lol), that it's an issue.

What you believe is what you believe. When you step on someone elses believes by trying to put a stop to them.. like the rights for a man to marry a man, or a woman a woman, that you should be stopped.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 AM on May. 9, 2009

• ITA. No one has a problem with anyones beliefs it is the action that stems from those beliefs that are the problem.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:07 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Thanks ajquin, it is not part of our religion and it is not fair that because I think a gay lifestyle is a sin I am a hater. I have never been to a protest or anything else. Miss California was slammed for saying she believes marriage is between a man and a woman and she never said anything about hate. She did say she was happy for the couples that could married

the peas comment might be a joke, but that is the EXACT same assumption made when a Christian says they believe marriage is between a man and a woman. there is no hate and they did nothing to stop gay marriage.
    Anonymous

• Don't bother me any. It's not my place to judge them, nor their place to judge me. I think they should be able to get married. But, like South Park said, just change the name of "marriage" on their part to somthing else, maybe legal union? So those who want marriage left "intact" get their wish, and gay couples have the same rights they should be allowed. But I guess I'm too liberal a Christian for most holier than thous on here, eh?
    Anonymous

• Im still waiting to hear an answer to my..if a christian says "that marriage is purely for procreation..a man and woman are built by god for makin babies. and 2 men or 2 woman can not produce babies therefor should not be married" then why is it ok for sterile persons to get married, they can not have children, and if marriage is purely for procreation then they shouldnt be allowed to marry either..right???
    Anonymous

• why is it ok for sterile persons to get married,

In my church it is not...however there are people who have been called sterile and have a baby. Therefore there is always the chance of an egg and sperm meeting. If this is not bun to bake in the oven there is no chance.  BUT like I said, my church does not marry people who are not able to have children.

Anonymous

• Satan is only taking what God has made for male and beautiful and turned it into something perverted. Nonetheless,they probably will get the legal blessing to marry and not the spiritual blessing from marriage which brings fruitfulness. A homosexual couple willl never ever be fruitful naturally. In the event a woman or man has procreated with the opposite sex at one time and have children brought into the marriage they are short changing the child from the love only a father or mother can give them. Male and femal were created different to compliment each other. The law of science even tell you that. You need and equal amount of positive and negatives to make the chemical balance. Too much of the same element brings things to an imbalance.
    Anonymous