sensitive...

after speaking to people they tell me i am to sensitive.i over analyz everything.my question is how can i not be so sensitive and learn not to over analize everything but when i do my thoughts tend to be right.and they just pop into my head....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I am the same way. I just learned to keep the thoughts/comments to myself because like you said even though we appear to over analyze everything, it is usually right. Think of it as a gift and everyone is just one step behind you. Or you can casually mention it and after what you thought happens you can say I told you so and little by little they won't think the same anymore.
    Anonymous

• I do not believe in the
    oh you are too sensitive crap..
    You are who you are and that is it.
    I too am sensitvie...sensitive to others feelings as well.
    Don't let anyone try to tell you
    what
    they think
    you should be.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• There's no need to stop being sensitive... and analyzing is how we figure out how to fix the problems in our lives. The tip I learned is... if it's causing you to lose sleep or too much emotional stress, then choose which things to work hard at figuring out and which to say it's not worth getting sick over.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• you can't stop being who you are. I'm like that. My sister says I can't enjoy life bc of it but I tell her I DO enjoy life bc of it. I gotta be me. I cant' be anyone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If your thoughts on things tend to be correct, then how can you be too sensitive and over analytical? You can either do just as you have always done, since that is just YOU, and others can take it or leave it, OR, you can keep your thoughts to yourself. But if you even try to stop being who you are, you won't be happy. I think I tend to see things a bit earlier then most people I know, and get all worked up over things. By the time I'm over it, everyone else has figured out what I already did, and they get all worked up. I also have a very different way of seeing things, that's just me. Don't try to change how you are to suit others. That's not fair to you.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:30 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I thought I was senstive. I have always tired my hardest to hurt anyones feelings. I have been informed by many jerks here on Cafemom I am not. But I think you should stay just the way you are. Your that way for a reason.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 10:58 PM on May. 9, 2009