how old was your child before you stopped useing a baby monitor?

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 12:25 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i stopped around his 1st bday, because he has been sleeping through the night, plus the walls at the new house are thin and if he was to wake up it's very easy to hear him!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• mine was about 18 months, i only used it for that long to make sure i could hear her at nap time/bed time and she wasn't trying to climb out of her crib. otherwise i heard her if she woke up so it wasn't needed for that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My oldest is 3, youngest 18 mos. I plan on using one for quite a while, because our rooms are too far apart for me to hear fussing, and the oldest sleepwalks.
    Anonymous

• We used one for about two days. It picked up every baby monitor in Chicago and, when a baby cries, you can hear it.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• With DS it was for a about 12 months then again at age 3 when he started getting out of bed at night and playing. With DD we never used one. She was right across the hall and we could hear her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• we didnt use one to begin with- but i think when this baby comes i will get one because i know there will be times that i have to tend to the older kids in the kitchen or the backyard and the baby will be in his crib and im going to want to keep an eye on him
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• 10 months.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:00 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i never used one.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:17 PM on May. 9, 2009

• ok i was extremely paranoid i guess! Like i said on earlier posts my son is 4 and my daughter is 5. My daughter no longer has one in her room. When she turned 5 this past Feb. i took it out! My son still has one in his room until he is 5!!! I know I am crazy but to many wierdos out there!
    taliankobesmom

Answer by taliankobesmom at 2:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i really dont remember, but i think he was atleast at the stage where i didnt have to burp him anymore.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 8:03 AM on May. 11, 2009