Why do people want their babies to come early?

I am 34 weeks preggers with my 3rd child. Am I ready for this to end, more or less, but, if I didn't have to have a c-section, I would want baby to come when baby comes. Why are so many people wishing that baby would come already, or come early, or whatever? It is so annoying to me and frustrating!

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 12:34 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't understand it either. Babies need all the time they can get in the womb. They come when they are good and ready. My first was born at 35 weeks and I had to wait 18 days to bring him home. With my second and with this one, I have said, they can wait as long as they want. I do not care how uncomfortable I am I do not want my baby to come early. I went through that once and hope I never have to do it again!
    Anonymous

• Because the novelty of being pregnant has worn off? I really hated being pregnant.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I don't necessarily think that people want their babies to come early. I think it's more along the lines that they wish it was over already (as in...they wish that it was their due date already). You know what I mean?
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 12:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I am 27 weeks pregnant and I cannot wait till my baby is here! It is just the excitement but I don't want him to be born early...I just want the time to go by faster that's all.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It is very uncomfortable the last few weeks! A lot of people obviously wouldn't jeopardize the health of their babies for them to come early, but if the baby came early, and was very healthy, they would be happy. And many moms just want to meet their bundle of joy! If it's frustrating and annoying then don't read the posts!
    Anonymous

• I agree with prettyrayray...I loved being pregnant until the very end. When I hit around 37 weeks, my ankles were so swollen I could not walk, I could not breathe, I had a was peeing literally every 7 minutes. I was completely miserable, and with my second pregnancy I was really hoping she would come early because I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia that was caused by the pregnancy and I was shaky and clammy the whole time. Also, from 34 weeks until I gave birth she laid on my siatic (spelling) nerve. My left leg was constantly tingling and hurt really bad.

Plus, I couldn't wait to see my little Angel's faces....I hated the wait.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• One reason is because you are so darn uncomfortable.

The other, at least for me, was because I was so excited to meet my little girl and to be her mom that I just couldn't wait for that day. It wasn't so much that I wanted her to come early, I just hated every day without her and couldn't wait until she was finally here.

What annoys and frustrates me is when people look down on pregnant women who can't wait to have the baby. Honestly, I think that's just plain rude.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Most of those women dont know about due dates and that a typical pregnancy can go to 42 weeks(thanks to obsteterics) .there is also the pressure fromthe doctors to deliver around 39 wks.for whatever reason they really dont like to let women go over 39 wks.Also the peer pressure from all the women they know who have delivered by 39 wks. Then there is the women who are just selfish and think only of themselves(schedule, etc). Maternity care in this country is the most to blame though. They are not honest with women and women dont even realize it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My problem with some women is when they ask "how can I break my water on my own" at 35 and 36 weeks pregnant. Think that it doesn't happen? Oh yes! I see that question asked VERY FREQUENTLY on Yahoo Answers!.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• for me i'm 37 weeks and i'm tired, i can't be outside for more than 5 mins if its hotter than 85 degrees b/c i get lightheaded, my back hurts all the time, i can't sleep ( i really think i slept better after my first was born than i did in the last month b/c at least i didn't wake up every hour w/heartburn, having to pee or b/c someone kicked me in the ribs), i can't run around with my daughter the way she likes to b/c it wears me out to quickly, i can't clean the house w/o taking a break every 10 mins. i'm ready for it to be over, and i don't mean i want to have my baby right this second, theres still stuff i need to do to prep for baby, what i mean is that i'm ready for it to be the 21st so that i can have this baby and not feel this way anymore. and i think thats generally the idea when women say they want the baby out already, they just wish that it was their due date so they can have baby
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2009