Meat/Egg/Yogurt

At what age can I start giving my LO meat??
Also what age for eggs and yogurt??
He started eating solids at 4 months, and is 6 months now. Just wanting to give some variety. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• eggs should be after their first birthday as told by my nutritionist.
    yogurt you can give him about 2-3 tablespoons now
    and meat as long as it is jar meat is fine. stage 2..stage 3 is a little thick for a baby his age.
    you can give him gerber teething biscuits. i did not start giving my kids real meat until they had their four teeth on top and bottom. although I did give them chicken nuggets starting at the age of 15 months. i just cut them in very small pieces. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:43 PM on May. 9, 2009

• get the yo baby yogurt.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food, along with wheat, soy, citrus, strawberries, egg white, and others. The allergy trigger foods should not be given before baby turns 1. Nuts, honey and chocolate should not be given before baby turns two.
    Meat is utterly unnecessary at any age.
    solids for babies first year are for the experience of eating, not for nutrition; this continues to come from breastmilk or formula
    For your baby, avocado (lots of good fats for a growing brain, baked sweet potato, mashed cooked bean, and other simple, whole foods are best. Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is a great book on feeding babies, toddlers and their familes; you should be able to find it at your local library; more information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 12:52 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My 9 month old just started yogurt last week. We got the yo-baby kind and he loves it. As for meat and eggs he will eat them when he can chew. I refuse to feed my son pureed meat or eggs...eww.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:02 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You can give meat now.
    Yogurt around 8 months... and other mommy's are misinformed you do not need to hold off on all dairy (if a baby is formula fed what do they think they make it from!?) Yogurt and cheese are easier to digest and can be given. The reason we hold off on other milk is so it doesn't replace the good stuff needed in breastmilk or formula... they NEED those things until a year.
    Eggs- a lot of things say a year. But I have my son eggs at 8 months after reading a new study that basically said if a child is going to have an egg allergy waiting until a year won't prevent it... they will or they won't.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You can start meat and yogurt now.
    Eggs, I would wait because that is a pretty common allergy. True, waiting until they are a year wont prevent it but I'd feel better about it personally. Maybe thats just me. Also no family history of food allergies doesnt mean your LO wont have food allergies. Basically you can start them all now if you want, its really up to you. Just watch closely for reactions the first several times, most reactions are not on the first exposure.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd slowly introduce all of them now. Eggs are an allergy but so is cow's milk....
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Babies shouldn't be fed solids until they can mash with their gums. They have no need for teeth to chew. My daughter cleaned a rib and had no teeth.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2009